- Setting the right rental rates: While looking through the classifieds to see what other landlords are charging for similar properties is a fine way to ballpark your rent price, a good property management company will conduct a thorough market study in order to set a rental price for your property, ensuring that you achieve the perfect balance between maximizing monthly income and maintaining a low vacancy rate.
- Collecting and depositing monthly rent payments on time: If you've ever worked in a billing department, you know that securing payment from clients can be difficult, not to mention awkward. Property management companies have efficient, tried-and-true systems in place to effectively collect rent and maintain on-time payments. You'll find this particularly important if you have a limited number of properties, and collecting payments on time is crucial to maintaining your cash flow.
- Marketing and advertising your property: Through long experience, a property manager will know exactly where to market your property and how to craft compelling advertising materials---a significant advantage when it comes to filling your properties quickly and avoiding long vacancies.
- Finding the right tenants: Experienced property managers are experts at finding good tenants, and will take care of all the details, including the securing all criminal background and security checks, running credit reports, verifying employment, and collecting previous landlord references.
- Managing tenants: In addition to finding good tenants, a property management company will manage all aspects of the tenant-landlord relationship. The property manager will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required.
- Managing vendor relationships: Property management companies have relationships with maintenance workers, tradesmen, contractors, suppliers, and vendors that it's almost impossible for an independent landlord to duplicate. Not only will your property manager get you the best work for the best price, they'll oversee any necessary maintenance projects.
- Ensuring that you're in compliance with housing regulations and property laws: There is a multitude of applicable laws and regulations to abide by when renting and maintaining your rental property. These include local, state and federal regulations, as well as fair housing regulations (such as the ADA). A property manager can help you avoid lawsuits by keeping your property up-to-date and in compliance with these regulations.
- Enabling you to invest in geographically distant properties: If you manage your own properties, you're pretty much limited to investment opportunities within a tight radius of your own home. By hiring a property manager, you can take advantage of investment deals in any location you wish.
- Maximizing the profitability of your time: By having a property manager take care of the day-to-day aspects of running your income property, your free to spend your time identifying further investment opportunities or otherwise furthering your career.
- Maximizing the profitability of your money: Most property managers charge a percentage of your property's monthly rental rate in exchange for their services. The rate typically runs anywhere from 6-10%, which is generally less than the money you save by hiring a professional to take care of your property.
WHY INDEPENDENCE CAPITAL?
At Independence Capital, we treat our owners and residents like family.
As Farmington property management professionals, our goal is to profitably and ethically provide high quality property management services, with a focus on personal attention. We know that you want the best return on your investment, with low turnover, on time rent collection, as well as smooth running and well-maintained properties. It is our promise to protect your interests while providing timely, certified service for your tenants.
As a resident of Independence Capital, the service does not stop upon the signing of your lease. To make your renting experience enjoyable, we provide numerous time saving tools. All of our residents enjoy online rent payments, allowing you to forget about paper checks and providing you the flexibility to pay on time, no matter where you are. We also offer online maintenance requests, ensuring your issues are addressed as quickly as possible. We take the hassle out of leasing so you can have more time to do the things you love.
Why Hire Us
We offer the best in personalized and professional management to meet your investment needs, managing your property as if it were our own.
Meet Our Team
Dealing with your management company should be comfortable and productive. When you choose Independence Capital, we make that goal become a reality.
From Our Clients
"Independence Capital is composed of some of the finest people Farmington NM has to offer, the kind of people you can do a business on a handshake with..."
Get In Touch
1515 East 20th Street Ste. D
Farmington, NM 87401